February 25, 2013
Feb 20 2013:

I live in good ol' suburbia, twenty minutes from the hustle and bustle of Atlanta. It's been a while since I've gone and done any exploring, gotten out of my comfort zone, or tried anything new. So these past few days I made a promise to travel out of my usual 15 mile radius and do something different!

Sunday morning I traded my warm bed for the cold air, me and my good friend decided to take a hike up to The Indian Seats, A 3.5 mile round trip path that led us to the top of this mountain overlooking beautiful farm land and rolling hills. I trekked my camera up to top only to find that there wasn't a memory card in it (lesson learned - ALWAYS make sure your memory card is in your camera before a shoot - 2nd to a charged battery). So we ended up snapping some Iphone & Instagram shots instead. The hike was well worth it and it got both of our endorphins moving!





Tuesday night me & my friend Vlada attended a writers exchange / reading hosted by Eyedrum. Writers of all skill levels were encouraged to attend, read their piece & receive quality feedback. At first it was a bit intimidating, we were two college kids who shyly nestled ourselves into a room full of successful and accomplished writers. I'm extremely glad that we decided to stick our heels in the ground instead of pleading chicken and take part despite being intimidated. The night ended up being full of brilliant pieces, everything from chapters from novels, to screen plays & personal prose pieces. We each got a chance to open up our soul to a room full of strangers and read our own writings. It was invigorating and inspiring. 
I will see them again next month.



I never want to stop trying new things.