Euphoria Burn

May 9, 2016

Euphoria Burn

"Euphoria is a place where artists and creative people of all types can come together and experience art and music, and get to know each other through participation in a temporary autonomous community that is free from the things that define ordinary society, such as the constructs of consumerism and the expectations of ‘societal norms.’ It is a burn event, focused on art, expression, and inclusion. The environment created is centered on the expression of the participants in whatever manner they see fit, as long as they abide local, state, and federal laws." (credit)


This is a visual representation of my weekend at Euphoria, the photographs below are in 
chronological order. 




Odey the singing monster


The Effigy.



The view from the very top of the Effigy two days before being burned.
The amount of tents in the area pictured tripled over the next 48 hours.
And a beautiful temporary city was formed.







Useful signage steering everyone in good directions through out the weekend.





Temple.











The three old men & their labyrinth.




Obligatory selfie.


Loki's awesome hair cuts.




The fourth oldest oak tree in the south.






This fire spinning photo is my favorite, it reminds me of a foreign language. 




The construction of the Giggle Dome.








When I was in middle school one of my nick names was "cow". 
I found a foam cow that has the same piercing as me and had to take a picture...


A big thank you to everyone who volunteered for traffic & parking!









Shout out to camp Polite as Fuck & their awesome kitchen.



Battle Bots.











Ants are friends.


Hammock City.











This little fellow appear in my tent on burn night.


The burning of the Effigy.










Thank you burn perimeter for keeping us safe!



The dancing fireman was making me giggle.








A fellow photographer.





Temple Burn.


* Consent is a huge part of Euphoria, if there's a photograph of you that you would like removed please email me at maddie_a@yahoo.com describing the photograph in question & I will remove it as quickly as possible.*

Thank You to everyone who participated, Euphoria was an amazing weekend!



***PLEASE give me (Madeline Irene) credit if you repost any photographs from this blog on any social media platforms. Something as simple as "Taken by: Madeline Irene" & tagging my FB photography page or this blog is greatly appreciated. THANK YOU ***

-Ciao-