Panther Creek Falls Trail

April 5, 2016
Panther Creek Falls
Fannin County, GA
3.5 miles to Panther Falls


       It's well into the new year and I must say this year has been a strange one so far. It seems as if everything shifted leaving things scattered, chaotic and in need of growth in order to regain balance. I know i'm not the only one thats felt this shift that happened, many around me, far and near have been experiencing it as well. This escape into the woods helped clear my head, recharge my energy and allowed me time and space to digest the everything thats been happening since the stars and planets came into such a rare alignment earlier this year.

       It had been too long since i'd laid my head down to sleep under the stars whilst listening to natures sweet lullaby. I excitedly packed my smelly backpack and joined some friends for an overnight trip to Panther Creek Falls in North Georgia. The hike in gradually declined, playing peek a boo with Panther Creek, providing a good warm up before it leveled out to a quiet and forgiving trail with a small scramble just before reaching the falls. 





       Not too far down the trail it forks. The left path appears more difficult then the right, that is deceiving. The left fork leads you through a decently even terrain green tunnel section. Me, Daniel & Jen choose the right path which had more difficult terrain but was nothing intimidating (unless you are a small child or elder who doesn't hike) and rewarded us with an extra waterfall! It was worth the extra elevation drop and gain to be by the rumble of the water instead of inside the green tunnel.










Fiddlehead Fern








A swimming hole with potential bouldering opportunities about a mile before Panther Falls.




A tucked away waterfall at the that feeds directly into Panther Falls.


       Panther Falls in its roaring beauty that demands humility from anyone standing at its base. The falling of water always calms my million miles and minute mind down. It instantly brings me to the present moment, grounds me and reminds me that this world, everything I'm surrounded by is so much bigger than my own ego. I am blessed that I have my health and my feet so that I can experience mother natures tucked away gifts.








       Due to the chilly temperatures and the impending rain everyone else was deterred from camping and we ended up being the only ones crazy enough to spend the night. Which by the looks of it is a rare occasion come camping season seeing as Panther Creek Falls is a popular outdoor destination for day hikes and overnight trips.


It's sad how many people think its okay to carve the trunk of a live tree just because someone before them did it.



Home sweet home.







Leave No Trace brought to you by Bigfoot.











More Fiddleheads.




I spy... 



Attempted group shot / out of focus selfie.
























Ciao!

IG: @madelineire
maddie_a@yahoo.com