Free art Friday on a Tuesday.

March 19, 2016

#fafatl





Last Tuesday I was the elevator of a loft in downtown Atlanta. Something caught my eye and upon further investigation I noticed an itty bitty square magnet placed in the missing triangles on the elevator. It was a clay square that had the words OH and HI stamped on the front and #fafatl was written in sharpie on the back accompanying a magnet. 


#fafatl which stands for: "Free art Friday Atlanta" is an awesome movement where local artist create small pieces of art and place them around the city creating a mini scavenger hunt.  Anyone lucky enough to find one will surely gain a smile, I know I did! But you dont have to be "lucky" to find one, many artists participating leave clues on twitter after they place them around the city, using the #fafatl hashtag. It's not only awesome to find a piece of #fafatl it also give local artists a chance for their art to reach new people!


      The piece I found was from artist @_ohhi_


So next time you're walking around ATL and spot something small or seemingly out of place go check it out, it could be your very own piece of #fafatl ! I am now inspired to create some of my own #fafatl to hide around the city.

Cheers and happy #fafatl hunting!